I am a passionate technologist, and love to leverage IT strategy and architecture to solve business problems that have visible impact on organizations and the wider eco-system!
I work at Target as a Senior Director of Technology in the infrastructure group. The infrastructure group builds and runs hybrid and multicloud platforms, network connectivity, data centers, field engineering and bigdata systems that power Target’s stores, digital and supply chain experiences. I lead the production engineering function in India to drive reliability, performance, efficiency and developer experience across Target’s products and services.
Earlier at EY, I led the global cloud architecture and strategy, building one of the largest cloud platforms in the world. Before that I worked at Microsoft for 11 years, where I pioneered the Cloud Solution Architect role that fuelled the growth of Azure business. In my two and half decades of industry experience, I worked in a wide range of roles such as technology strategy and governance, product engineering, pre-sales, consulting, enterprise & solution architecture.
In the last few years, I have been driving digital transformations for large enterprises as well as start-ups by leveraging cloud native and modern technologies. Whether it is cloud or any other technology, adopting it in ‘the right way’, which maximizes the benefits of one’s investment, requires careful planning, execution, and governance. It is my continuous endeavour to develop and implement strategies, methodologies and architectures that help in achieving business outcomes through enterprise scale adoption of modern technologies such as cloud, data, and AI.
I love spreading knowledge and helping people to realize their maximum potential. That’s the reason this website exists. I will use this website to share my thoughts and experiences with the intention of helping others who are on a similar journey. All views expressed here are personal. You can find out more about me and connect with me at my LinkedIn profile
- MultiCloud management solutions landscape – what is right for you?MultiCloud management solutions have evolved a lot in recent past and provide extensive features. CMPs provide a comprehensive package of multiple feature areas supporting most public clouds. At the same time, cloud providers have started providing solutions in some feature areas that enable you to manage those features in hybrid and multicloud environments. In addition, there are specialized solutions which provide industry leading capabilities in their area of specialization.
- What are your architectural drivers for adopting multi-cloud?While industry is adopting multi-cloud in a big way, it is important to define the business objectives expected from the adoption. Otherwise, it can become failed investment in another technology buzzword. This post provides different objectives as architectural drivers, for which, organizations may adopt multi-cloud. Each of these architecture drivers can have one or more architecture patterns. Patterns describe different ways of implementing multi-cloud and resulting in required business objectives.
- More Organizations adopt multi-cloud, COVID-19 accelerates it furtherMulti-cloud adoption today is at a critical transition point, where organizations are moving from ‘WHY’ multi-cloud to ‘HOW’ and ‘WHAT’ on multi-cloud. The percentage of organizations having multi-cloud strategy almost doubled in past 1 year. Unprecedented growth of cloud because COVID-19 and associated capacity risks make multi-cloud even more important for organizations. These aspects are discussed in more detail in this article
Articles on other platforms
- Introducing CORPS: The 5 Pillars for a Robust Cloud Architecture Framework [TheNewStack]Cost Optimization, Operations Excellence, Reliability, Performance Efficiency, Security are the five common pillars that that AWS, Azure and GCP rely on for their robust cloud architecture frameworks. I am introducing… Read More »Introducing CORPS: The 5 Pillars for a Robust Cloud Architecture Framework [TheNewStack]
- Take back a few minutes from every hour [LinkedIn]Take back a few minutes from every hour! We use technology everywhere these days and almost all the time. Optimizing how we use it can save us a few minutes… Read More »Take back a few minutes from every hour [LinkedIn]
- The myths (and realities) of cost savings with multicloud [ET CIO]MultiCloud is here to stay and is slowly becoming inevitable for many organizations. At the same time, it is important to go beyond the hype of the buzzword and understand… Read More »The myths (and realities) of cost savings with multicloud [ET CIO]